Vendor and Entertainer Information
The Brunswick Main Street Market is a community driven destination farmers market bringing together the best local farmers, artisans, food trucks, and entertainers.
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2023 Season!
You may be contacted to provide any additional needed information and/or samples of your product for review by market staff.
The market accepts applications from potential vendors all regular-season long.
We encourage potential vendors to visit the market prior to submitting an application. However, no decisions regarding applications will be made during market hours.
Information for Potential Vendors
- The Brunswick Main Street Farmers Market is a producer only market. Vendors must grow or make what they sell, or provide a specific service.
- Vendors must live within 50 miles of the market (or within a one hour drive.) While proximity to the market is considered, it does not ensure your ability to join–many other factors are considered.
- Resale does not apply to most products at the Market. All resale products must be approved by the market’s Manager through a specific process, and are clearly identified for customers.
- Arts and crafts being handcrafted by local artisans are permitted for sale, but must meet strict criteria and be approved in advance by the Market Manager.
- Flea Market and Yard Sale items are not permitted for sale.
- Local Small Businesses are encouraged to participate in the market if they meet vendor requirements.
- Vendors sign a yearly agreement and agree to adhere to Brunswick Main Street Farmers Market rules and regulations.
- Vendors supply their own tents, tables, and other equipment.
- Electricity and Running Water are not provided.
- Convenient access to Restroom Facilities may be limited during market hours.
- Vendors are required to hold the certifications and licenses required for their products by Maryland Department of Agriculture, the Frederick County Health Department, and/or the Frederick County Office of the Fire Marshal.
- Vendors must apply and be approved prior to participating in markets.
- A grower who raises a single crop may apply to be a guest vendor for the time that crop is in season.
Additional Information for Entertainers and Food Trucks
- The market generally books food trucks and entertainers prior to the start of the season.
- However, those new to the market are still encouraged to submit an application, and will be considered in the event of cancellations.
- The market does not pay Entertainers to perform.
- Entertainers are welcome to collect tips.
- Entertainers are permitted to sell related merchandise such as tee shirts, CDs, stickers, etc. (Producer’s Only rule is waived.)
- Entertainers are not limited to only musicians, other talented folks including, but not limited to, face painters, magicians, and jugglers, are welcome.
- We understand that 3 hours is a long time to perform in public.
- Entertainers are welcome to participate for as little as one hour–we would recommend from 5 PM to 6 PM.
- Entertainers are absolutely welcome to participate for the full three hours, and should do so if possible (with appropriate breaks.)