Vendor and Entertainer Information
The Brunswick Main Street Market is a community driven destination farmers market bringing together the best local farmers, artisans, food trucks, and entertainers.
Applications ARE being accepted for the 2024 Season!
However, the Indoor/Winter market season is only open to vendors who participated in the previous regular season.
You may be contacted to provide any additional needed information and/or samples of your product for review by market staff.
The market accepts applications from potential vendors all regular-season long.
We encourage potential vendors to visit the market prior to submitting an application. However, no decisions regarding applications will be made during market hours.
Information for Potential Vendors
- The Brunswick Main Street Farmers Market is a producer only market. Vendors must grow or make what they sell, or provide a specific service.
- Vendors must live within 50 miles of the market (or within a one hour drive.) While proximity to the market is considered, it does not ensure your ability to join–many other factors are considered.
- Resale does not apply to most products at the Market. All resale products must be approved by the market’s Manager through a specific process, and are clearly identified for customers.
- Arts and crafts being handcrafted by local artisans are permitted for sale, but must meet strict criteria and be approved in advance by the Market Manager.
- Flea Market and Yard Sale items are not permitted for sale.
- Local Small Businesses are encouraged to participate in the market if they meet vendor requirements.
- Vendors sign a yearly agreement and agree to adhere to Brunswick Main Street Farmers Market rules and regulations.
- Vendors supply their own tents, tables, and other equipment.
- Electricity and Running Water are not provided.
- Convenient access to Restroom Facilities may be limited during market hours.
- Vendors are required to hold the certifications and licenses required for their products by Maryland Department of Agriculture, the Frederick County Health Department, and/or the Frederick County Office of the Fire Marshal.
- Vendors must apply and be approved prior to participating in markets.
- A grower who raises a single crop may apply to be a guest vendor for the time that crop is in season.
Additional Information for Entertainers and Food Trucks
- The market generally books food trucks and entertainers prior to the start of the season.
- However, those new to the market are still encouraged to submit an application, and will be considered in the event of cancellations.
- The market does not pay Entertainers to perform.
- Entertainers are welcome to collect tips.
- Entertainers are permitted to sell related merchandise such as tee shirts, CDs, stickers, etc. (Producer’s Only rule is waived.)
- Entertainers are not limited to only musicians, other talented folks including, but not limited to, face painters, magicians, and jugglers, are welcome.
- We understand that 3 hours is a long time to perform in public.
- Entertainers are welcome to participate for as little as one hour–we would recommend from 5 PM to 6 PM.
- Entertainers are absolutely welcome to participate for the full three hours, and should do so if possible (with appropriate breaks.)